I am a highly technical hands-on SOA, Enterprise, and Integration Architect passionate about the field of enterprise and software architecture (as well as hiking). Having served in the IT industry since 1984, I have significant experience in the architecture and design of small to large systems on a wide range of languages and platforms. I have particular expertise in event-driven architecture, service-oriented architecture, messaging systems, and enterprise service bus technologies.
I served as the President of the Boston Java User Group in 1997 and 1998, founded and was the President of the New England Java Users Group (NEJUG) from 1999 thru 2003. I am the author of several technical books, I hold several technical certifications, and have a Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University. I have spoken at over 100 technical conferences worldwide, including the No Fluff Just Stuff (NFJS) Conferences, QCon London, JDD Krakow, SpringOne Americas, The ServerSide Vegas and Sys-Con NY.
You can contact me via my LinkedIn Profile Page.
- SOA and Integration Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Iterative and Agile Methodologies
- Agile Coaching
- Architecture Assessment and Roadmap Development
- ESB Design and Development
- Training, Teaching, Coaching, and Mentoring
- Java Platform and Open Source Technologies
- Hands-on Pragmatic Software Delivery
ACHIEVEMENTS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- IBM Hundred Percent Club (2006)
- The Open Group Master IT Architect Certification
- IBM Certified IT Architect
- Sun Certified J2EE Business Component Developer
- Sun Certified J2EE Enterprise Architect (Part I)
- Sun Certified Java Programmer
- BEA WebLogic Certified Developer
- Greenbriar & Russel Certified Java Instructor