I am a hands-on software architect with over 30 years experience in the industry, 20 of those years having played the role of an application architect, integration architect, and enterprise architect. I have experience creating and delivering Microservices Architectures, Service-Based Architectures, and Service-Oriented Architectures. I am also a published author, conference speaker, and trainer.
Areas of Expertise
- Microservices and Service-based Architectures
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Application, Integration, and Enterprise Architecture
- Java Platform and Open Source Technologies
- Hands-on Pragmatic Software Development / Delivery
- Iterative and Agile Methodologies / Agile Coaching
- Architecture Assessment and Roadmap Development
- Training, Teaching, Coaching, and Mentoring
September 12th, 2016: Join Neal Ford and I for an intensive 2-day hands-on software architecture workshop at O’Reilly in Boston on October 5th and 6th, where the focus will be on creating, documenting, and presenting software architectures and evolutionary architecture. You can get more information by going to OReilly Software Architecture Hands-on Workshop.
July 8th, 2016: My latest video from O’Reilly titled Microservices AntiPatterns and Pitfalls is now available! You can also view it through Safari Online.